Saturday, May 07, 2005

Business Idea #1

Business Idea #1 - PegBags.com

Idea Date: 2001

Hi and welcome.

As my first business idea I have choosen to blog one of my earliest ideas.

This idea involved the help of my mum, Joginder Kaur.

My mum is great at making Punjabi Suits. One day she bought a peg bag ( used to store clothes pegs when they are not being used) she looked at the peg bag and realised that she could make a peg bag for herself. She reverse engineered the peg bag (unstitched the bag and saw how it was made) and then made her own design. The design was of a dress. All of my relatives that saw the peg bag wanted one just like it. So my mum started making peg bags for relatives.

My idea was to sell these peg bags on ebay then eventually on the a website. I got my mum to make a sample that I could try to sell on ebay. The first time on ebay I put the peg bag on an auction with no reserve and a starting price of £1. It didn't sell. I tried it again with no reserve and a starting price of £0. It still didn't sell. I got abit dishearttened and left the idea there

1 Comments:

Blogger Sony said...

An update to the Peg Bag saga.

We had a car boot sale in our area. So along with other things I asked my mum to make some of the Pag Bags. She did but unfortunately they didn't sell... again!
I really thought that they would sell but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Surely there is a market out there somewhere

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home